Monday, April 25, 2011

Indie Author Showcase 8: Tominda Adkins

 Before we get to the Indie Author Showcase today, I have two things I'd like to mention.

First, please remember that I'm pledging the rest of the month's profits from my ebook "Prismatica" to American Cancer Society's Relay For Life charity. I want you to read my book. But most of all, I want to give Relay For Life a good chunk of cash at the end of the month. Slap the Amazon or Smashwords link in the sidebar to help.

Secondly, I've discovered (via the blog of indie author Zoe Winters) an incredible website called Zen Habits. You can find quick snippets of information about creativity, motivation, serenity, organization... it really is a garden of ideas. I urge everyone to visit this blog when you have time. Bookmark it. And return frequently.

Today's Indie Author Showcase features Seattle-based writer Tominda Adkins. She's been writing since she was twelve years old and she offers a printed novel that sounds fascinating. Give her some indie author love and show some support for what looks to be one innovative story, which is the first in a series. Indies authors unite!

And now, from the author herself...

*    *    *    *




Book Title: Vessel (Book I: The Advent)

Genre: Urban Fantasy

Your Book in 1000 Words or Less:
"They're divine. They're almighty. They're about six thousand years late.

They're the Vessel, five living gods born to smite an ancient anomaly of death. That's what beloved pop legend Jesse Cannon is saying anyway--after claiming to be a Vessel himself. It's enough to make his long-suffering assistant Jordan hand in her two week's notice. She might not survive one week, however, because Jesse's divine vision is no myth. Something is stalking them both, and it's not a crazed fan . . .

Advent brings the fledgling deities together (on a tricked-out tour bus, of course) for the ride of their immortal lives. Unearthing the Vessels' calling will take them from the banks of a forgotten Nile tributary to a Toronto truck stop, from the set of Oprah to the gates of Hell and back. Along the way, they must survive not only one another, but flesh-eating tentacles, water gun assasins, prehistoric priestesses, undead groupies, powerful hangovers, cut-off jeans, and one very fed up celebrity assistant.

Gird your loins: this is urban fantasy. No pet panther or tribal tattoo required."

Book Link: Vessel, Book I: The Advent

Author Website: http://www.readvessel.com

Something Unique About Your Writing Process:
I tend to write key scenes out of order, and let my characters sort of connect them organically. It's not as if I make it up as I go--it's just a matter of asking myself how Characters 1 and 2 manage to get from Point A to Point B. The results are usually way more entertaining and realistic than if I attempted to write from start to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment