Monday, April 11, 2011

INDIE AUTHOR SHOWCASE 2: Lee Moan


Lee Moan is the second author to be featured on our fabulous Indie Author Showcase. He offers us a collection of dark fantasy and supernatural horror tales that I'm sure will keep you up at night... 
Lee's first book, The Hotel Galileo, was published in 2009 by Wolfsinger Publications. He has a number of books available on his website. His short stories have been featured in numerous magazines before being collected here. Finally, Lee is also a musician and, as it turns out, a lover of coffee. 
And now, from the man himself...

Book Title: The Midnight Men and Other Stories
Genre: Dark fantasy/ supernatural horror
Your Book in 1000 Words or Less:
Men in black calling at your door on the stroke of midnight . . .
Three pieces of human flesh with the power to kill . . .

A devoted wife who just won't die . . .

A bag of bones that should never EVER be touched . . .

A young man cursed with the power of premonition . . .

A vial of blood which promises a night of passion for a disfigured woman . . .

A sheriff who carries an unearthly burden . . .

These are just some of the tales in this gripping collection, taking the reader from supernatural suburban terror to the far future where the fate of mankind rests in the hands of an innocent.
All the stories have been previously published in respected magazines including Dark Recesses Press, Hub Magazine, Revelation, Whispers of Wickedness, Niteblade, and more.
Author Website: Lee Moan's Steam-Powered Typewriter (http://leemoan.blogspot.com)
Something Unique About Your Writing Process:  In the early days, I used to plot everything out. Synopses, outlines, chapter breakdowns—the works. The end result was that I never finished any of the novels. Not one. For me, the meticulous plotting (a process which so many writing craft books recommended) drained all the joy out of the writing process. Now I plot everything in my head but don't write anything down, except maybe a few notes here and there for continuity. Since adopting this new approach I've completed six novels. Keeping it all in my head maybe risky but it's also a good way of keeping the current project alive in my mind, and it makes the writing process more fluid, open to change along the way, which is important to me. I always have an end-point in mind on every novel project, but I don't want to know every exact detail of how the story will end. I want to discover it through the characters and maybe along the way be surprised by some of the things which happen. Writing should be fun. I'd like to try and keep it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment