Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tease It Tuesday - The music of Ideamen

It's Tease It Tuesday, where I tempt you to enjoy the imaginations and talents of artists far more skilled than myself.

This week's Tease It features the band Ideamen from Chicago.



I discovered the Ideamen earlier this year while trying to find music to listen to while I wrote what would be "Children of Aerthwheel." The moment I heard the song "Cavity," I knew there was something special about this band.They had me from the first hook.

With flavors of punk, progressive, alternative, and groove metal, the Ideamen offer a brand of music that is not available on most radio stations. What brand is that, you ask?

Awesome.

Fresh and unique. Original.

That's not to say I don't recognize some of their influences. I can hear hints of bands like Faith No More and maybe some System of a Down; if you listen closely, you can also hear echoes of bands like the Doors, Stone Temple Pilots, and Incubus.

Despite this, everything they do is presented in a refreshing and interesting way. Each song is like a novella set to music, filled with thoughtful and clever lyrics. There is a story in every verse, a climax in every chorus, and by the time any given song is finished, you can't help but feel like something magnificent has just occurred.

I can't say anything else but this: Buy their album. Find them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter. And tell everyone you know that the future of music is here.

Website: http://www.iloveideamen.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/ideamen
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iloveideamen

No comments:

Post a Comment