Monday, May 23, 2011

Indie Author Showcase 15: Tessa Stokes

Before we get to the featured author, I wanted to let everyone know that my new short story "Lane 8: A Tale of Death & Bowling" is live on Amazon. It's a quick read and it reminds me of some of the shorter Stephen King pieces from the 1980s. Plus, there's some murderous mischief. What's not to like?

Today's featured author is Tessa Stokes, who brings us a series of fantasy and paranormal romance novels. She has several books to share with you, so you'd better free up some reading time this week.

And now, from the author herself...

*   *   *   *



Title: The Seven Spell Saga

Genre: Blend of paranormal romance and fantasy

Your Book in 1000 Words or Less:

Suitable for eighteen years and up, the book's dynamics of romance, time travel, adventure, magic and paranormal romance make for some interesting plot twists and turns.

Written from the viewpoint of the main female character in the first three books of The Seven Spell Saga, it provides a picture of her life and thoughts as she moves to a different country, encountering a fantastic adventure.

Chloe McGarry moves from her home in California to a village and estate in England steeped in history and mystery. She has never been lucky in love, and to her surprise she meets not one, but two lovely guys. They are both interested in her and become her dearest friends. She falls in love with both of them and they both fall in love with her.

One of them, Tristan, is especially enigmatic. He has been keeping a secret for eight hundred years and as Chloe forms a relationship with him she helps him unravel his heritage. There are dangers around every corner as her other love, Oliver, is mistaken for Tristan by an ancient family of Magi bent on collecting a debt owed by Sir Edmund Dearing.

The three, brought together by danger and adventure as well as love, become friends.

Life goes on around the estate but the magic that has followed Tristan all of his life continues to threaten his very existence. Chloe must travel in time to save him as she realizes how much she loves him. Oliver helps her in the quest to free Tristan from the magic spell, only to lose himself.

The romantic adventure has many twists and turns. Ordinary life is peppered with magic and love.


Book Links:







Something Unique About Your Writing Process:  

I write mostly at night, sometimes all night; I can make notes during the day sometimes if I have an idea that I want to record, but mostly I can only write after about six pm . I also have a favorite room for writing; it's a place where I can see far into the distance of woods and fields. I have to edit my own work, and so I edit backwards through the book in thirds so as not to become engrossed in the story and miss editing needs.

1 comment:

  1. I can only write at night as well. I read my first time travel book recently and I loved it! Looking forward to reading yours.
    And L. David... I go book shopping at Amazon again this Friday so I'll be picking up this..."Lane 8: A Tale of Death & Bowling"

    ReplyDelete