Friday, May 20, 2011

Indie Author Showcase 14: Scott A. Kinkade

A few quick things before the showcase below. First, my new short story will be available on Amazon later today. It is called "Lane 8: A Tale of Death & Bowling". As soon as the link goes live, I'll have it posted on the sidebar to the right of the page. And heads up... there will be a few more short stories going live in the next few weeks. It's all in preparation of my new novel.

Secondly, I'm adjusting the price of "Prismatica" now that it has a mate on the virtual bookshelf. Since it is a longer book and was more difficult to create, I think $2.99 is a fair price. That's the great thing about this epublishing business... you can experiment with price so easily. I'd like to see someone try to sell an ebook for some ungodly price as part of a charity fundraiser. I'm talking hundreds of dollars. It would be interesting to see the results.

On to the showcase! Today's featured author is Oklahoma native Scott A. Kinkade, who offers some great science fiction for your reading pleasure. You can also get free stories at his personal blog, so head over there for a taste of what he can do! Support this author, leave reviews and spread the word. Indie authors unite!

And now, from the author himself....

*   *   *   *






Book Title: Mirai: a Promise to Tomorrow

Genre: Science fiction

Your Book in 1,000 Words or Less: 


In a post-apocalyptic future, apathetic rebel Zaq Martial runs away from everything and everyone one he knows. He thinks life in the wilderness is all he has to look forward to for the rest of his meager existence.

However, he soon finds himself pursued by friends and enemies alike. He must save the world from the ruthless Benefactors, but in order to do so, he'll have to survive a vengeful ex-girlfriend, a murderous split personality, the eccentric rebel group the Scholars--and those are his allies. Throw superhuman enemies into the mix, and you have a recipe for disaster. Does he have what it takes to be a hero, or will be crash and burn along with humanity's free will?

Book Link:

Mirai: a Promise to Tomorrow
My page: www.thegamecalledrevolution.blogspot.com

Something Unique About My Writing Process:

Well, basically what I do is plot out the story in my head (and maybe write down some notes as they come to me), and I try to write at least a page a day. I try to research things as much as I feel is necessary, and then I bring that research to the story.

Once the first draft is finished, I re-read it and make notes of what works and what needs to be changed. I try to edit thoroughly. I don't know if this is unique (I kinda hope not), but there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment