Friday, December 30, 2011

Divine Intermission: A Comedy

2012. Supposedly, this is the year our world ends.

I'm not normally one to fall victim to fads - even though I wore my fair share of cutoff jean shorts when I was a kid and I sported a totally rad mullet between the ages of 10 and 14. Those weren't fads, though. I was just awesome.

My point is this: I don't want to jump on the apocalypse bandwagon. I simply want to pose a question for you.

What would happen if the creator of the universe simply walked away from their godly duties to take an epic smoke break?



In "Divine Intermission," the first novella in a series to be published throughout 2012, the multiverse is crumbling apart because the gods aren't doing their jobs. A depressed writer and electronics salesman named Carl has been trapped in an endless series of doomed realities in which he relives different versions of the same basic life, all the while sensing that something is amiss on a cosmic level. Carl soon finds himself in the presence of immortal beings and is sent on a quest that might bring him face to face with his own magnificent Creator.

Then again, he may just get killed.

2012. The Year of the Dragon. The end of the world. The year after 2011 and before 2013.

This is the year of "Divine Intermission."

Available as an ebook on January 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment