Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Kickstarter - "Children of Aerthwheel"

Well, it's official.

My first full-length fantasy novel, Children of Aerthwheel, will be available in late August. That is, it will be live as soon as I've closed out my Kickstarter project, which will go towards proper publishing of print copies and creation of a marketing campaign to help spread the word about the novel's existence.


If you don't know what Kickstarter is, here's a brief explanation: crowd sourcing.

Kickstarter is a website designed to help creative and ambitious individuals find backers (or patrons) to fund new projects. Backers are rewarded for their support of the project; depending on how much money a backer pledges, they will receive a reward of varying worth. Kickstarter encourages unique experiences and freebies as rewards for backers. And the best thing is if the Kickstarter project's goal isn't fully met by a determined deadline, then all pledges are nullified and nobody loses money.

I've kept a close eye on Kickstarter for well over a year. At one point, I nearly used it as a way to help fund some projects for my online band DeepSkyTraveler. I've watched filmmakers succeed, I've seen writers meet their goals, and I've witnessed animators fund amazing projects.

And now, it's time to get Children of Aerthwheel off the ground.

Kickstarter was designed with indie creators in mind and now you can be part of the indie revolution by helping to support this project. I'm not going to beg and plead much more than that, okay? Just spread the word the best you can. And a HUGE thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment